Earlier this week, the Golden Horseshoe Chapter of the Canadian Condominium Institute hosted a webinar on the topic of supply shortfalls due to COVID. The webinar focused on the current construction labour and materials shortage that the condo industry has been facing. Our very own President and founder of Normac, Cameron Carter, was one of the panelists alongside John Macleod (President, Key Property Management & Consultants) and Sally-Anne Dooman (Director of Condominium Management, Wilson Blanchard Management).
The structure of the presentation was as follows:
- What is the material/labour supply crunch we are facing at the moment, featuring real-world examples, presented by John Macleod.
- Why has there been a supply shortfall, including the technicality behind the surge in building materials and the shortage in labour, presented by Cameron Carter
- How can property managers and boards respond to the supply shortfall, along with best practices on managing the corporation’s budget and future projects, presented by Sally-Anne Dooman.
Thank you to the panel of professionals for sharing their insights!
- John Macleod, President, Key Property Management & Consultants Ltd.
- Sally-Anne Dooman, Director of Condominium Management, Wilson Blanchard Management
- Cameron Carter, President, Normac Appraisals Ltd.
- Maria Durdan (Moderator), Partner, SimpsonWigle LAW LLP