Canada's Construction Costs Forecast
Moving Beyond the COVID-19 Pandemic
About This Publication
Now more than a year into the global COVID-19 pandemic, we have enough data to estimate reconstruction cost changes for 2021 and beyond.
The results are not what you expect during a global pandemic: Normac’s research shows that all regions of Canada can expect residential construction cost increases that outpace those of recent years or standard inflation.
- Total Insurable Value increases
- Delays caused by COVID-19
- Lumber and demolition costs
- How demand for housing impacts construction costs and other factors
- Tracking fluctuations to value